Friday 20 September 2013

"The Tiger Mural"
This is a picture I took of a mural I saw while walking around downtown Chinatown on the weekend.
 I really liked the mural because it reminded me a lot of Chinese history and the elements of design are used a lot throughout this piece. There was good line work since the brush strokes vary from width and length, excellent use of colour since there is a variety of hues and shades, decent amount of shapes, a smooth feeling texture, excellent use of space since there isn't a lack or excess of space, and a incredible use of form since the painting looks 2-d and also 3-d in some areas (2-d girl, 3-d tiger face). Overall, this piece is pretty, pretty cool, and pretty darn good at executing the elements of design. Hope you all enjoy this picture as much as I did, and have a happy day!

1 comment: