Thursday 19 September 2013

My some-what faux stained glass painting.

This is a painting I created a few months ago using a canvas, watercolors, and painters tape. I first started by getting out the canvas. The canvas was bought from a dollar store for around 2 dollars or so. Then I got out the tape. I used a brand of tape that I bought from the dollar store. Then, I started applying the tape in long non-symmetrical lines all over the canvas. I tucked the excess tape under the canvas I believe. Then, I got out my watercolours. I had a good quality of watercolours that I think my brother had originally. then, I started to apply the colours in between The spaces. I tried not to paint over the tape though, otherwise It might be confusing later on. I applied the paint in somewhat-thin coats. Then, I carefully and slowly removed the tape from the canvas after the paint dried. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the paint didn't smudge or bleed through the canvas at all! The after result left a cool, interesting conversation starting piece of art that I made myself from scratch. If you want to try this at home go ahead, you can use any size of canvas with any kind of palettes or colours but, It is strongly recommended to use painters tape. Try experimenting with different amounts of tape in different shapes, or even with different types of paint. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this wonderful piece of art I made at home, and have a happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment