Friday 15 November 2013

Shakespeare statue

"Shakespeare statue"


 While visiting Stratford this Summer, I went to the Stratford theatre and I saw many of their displays and statues they had outside such as: gardens, ponds, columns, pillars, bronze etched acknowledgement plaques, sundials, statues, etc. After watching one of the theatre's many great plays (Merchant Of Venice actually), I went outside to do some site seeing around the building.
 I was quite impressed with what they had to offer in terms of land structure and decor, and then I found this- the statue of Shakespeare himself, seeming to be made out of a base metal or silver, was standing atop a small platform.
 He was enclosed by a sundial that circled around him. Directly in front of him was a silver-ish looking tablet (which was quite long in length) that proclaimed the history of Shakespeare and the history of the theatre itself. It looked very interesting, so I took a picture of it to keep as a souvenir.

 I had a great time in Stratford, and try visiting some cool places this Winter, who knows what you'll discover. Don't forget to read up about Shakespeare, he had an interesting life and even more amazing plays written by himself. Hope you enjoyed this post, and have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment